Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Strength in chaos

So in light of all the drama of last night, today got worse.  Way worse.  X decided to interrupt my serenity with a little chaos.  What happened is not important.  No drama really is.  Sure it is important to gab with girlfriends over refresh tea and muffins about the dirty deets of one’s life, but the essence of drama is how we recover from it.

Needless to say, I took things pretty well today.  My girlfriend suggests that I deserve a medal.  I agree.

I truly believe that the reason I was able to stay so strong through the emotional turmoil today is a direct result of how much work I have put in lately.  I feel closer to God than I ever have.  And I have been keeping my side of the street impeccably clean.  But the polish on all that goodness is the beautiful loving circle of people I have around me.  Thankfully I have friends I can text, call, or email anytime.  By the grace of God, I have A, who lets me talk about drama with X and allows me to feel anyway I need too without passing judgment.  And by some miracle, I have the most understanding, loving mother in the world who hears peace in my voice when I tell her about the confusion and reminds me I am worthy and loved.

I think that how we react in tumultuous times is a direct reflection of the type of person that we are.  Sure it would be easy, really easy today, to break down, but why?  What would tears, text messages, and tantrums do besides upset my serenity even more?  The thoughtfulness of our reactions is only as powerful and strong as the love in our hearts.  I wrote previously about ending bad partnerships with love.  I still believe that is the key to getting out alive.  Part with love.  Be resentment free.  And allow the confusion, chaos, hurt, and turmoil, to flow over you like water.  Ask God for help when someone you love is in trouble…because you cannot carry the weight of another’s heart..you can simply ask God to show them love, light, and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment