Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Am I There Yet?

My life would be better if:
I had Marissa Miller’s body.
Oprah’s money.
Mother Teresa’s compassion.
Nancy Pelosi’s intelligence.
Kristin Wiig’s humour.
And the balance of my favourite yoga teacher.

If I only was prettier, smarter, funnier, and could stand on one foot longer...my quality of life would be SO much better!  Even if I just had one of those things...everything else would fall in to place!  Oh cruel God, don’t you know that you’ve given me nothing!  You’ve set me up for failure because I am a nothing!  Every girl I walk by is prettier; everyone I talk to is funnier; everyone I work with is smarter!
WHOA IS ME!!!!
Come on now.  I mean REALLY, REALLY ladies.  How many times have we whined that our jeans are too tight or our boyfriends are friends with the really funny girl?  We whine, get compliments, give the appropriate thanks, then get back to feeling inadequate.  What is going to take for us to be okay?  I’m not perfect.  I envy everyone for something they have that I want., but guess what?  I think that’s ok.  I am jealous of the gal at work who is ALWAYS happy, that can drive me to be more positive!  I am jealous of the man at work with the soft voice and compassionate heart, that will push me to be more loving!  I am jealous of the friend with the job they LOVE, that will remind me to open my eyes....
So often we base our happiness on what we SHOULD be, COULD have been, or WOULD have done differently, why can’t we base our happiness on who we are today, and who we can strive to be tomorrow? 
But, as I speed along this seemingly endless road to the destination “Who I Hope To Be”, I can’t help but whine, “Am I there yet?”

No comments:

Post a Comment