Friday, January 28, 2011

Sexy Panties

My Valentine’s Day lingerie came in from Victoria’s Secret today.
You know, the cute summer peach baby doll I ordered when I had a boyfriend?
The one that was going to cause him to exclaim, “you look amazing...but don’t waste your money!  It’s like wrapping paper on a gift!” as he always did.
Unfortunately now, there is no boyfriend to enjoy it.  But you can bet money that tonight I will be having a dance party and prancing around in my new lingerie, FOR ME.
New panties are going to make me happy even if no one ever sees them.  I have a theory that your skivvies should always be cute and matching because who knows if today is the day you end up at an impromptu hot tub party!  And nothing feels better than putting on sexy panties underneath boring dress pants, or your baggy boyfriend jeans...I mean come on!  Those lacy panties that you never wear because they are impractical...are essentially screaming out with the personality you wish you had the confidence to show the world!  Every girl needs her sex panties, and every girl needs to make them her any day panties.
Say good bye to your light blue granny panties with the bleach stain.  Throw them away!  They are good for nothing!  Cut the, “I ride too high and show out the top of your jeans” thong right in half...you look sleazy!  And burn those awful “that time of month” pairs.  Vomit...We feel bad enough every 21 days, do we need to remind ourselves of it by wearing Fruit of the Loom one size fits all boxer briefs? 
Sexy panties are a girls best friend.  Screw dogs and $1200.00 handbags (thought I love both...).  Panties that make my rear end look like I just stepped out of the Victoria’s Secret catalogue are my soul mate.  They make me feel like a million dollars whenever I need it.  I feel like I have a secret when I wear them to a job interview or (gasp) a place of organized religion.
So, silky or lacy; black or pink; itty bitty or booty short...go buy a pair of panties that make YOU feel like you’re worth it.  Because then, even when you don’t have a date for Valentines Day, you’ll be able to throw on your fabulous panties, make some pancakes, and feel like the sexiest girl on the planet (and yes, it’s ok to hope the sexy UPS guy / plumber / cable guy shows up “unexpectedly”).

1 comment: